Friday, November 27, 2009

Holiness

I've just noticed how Psalm 111 and Psalm 112 relate to each other. What a blessing this is!
Look at how the attributes of God listed in Psalm 111 are also listed as the attributes of righteousness people in Psalm 112!
I especially love verse 2 of 111: "Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them."
I am going to ponder more these days -- I do take great delight in them --
This morning's sunrise was another glorious expression of His beautiful works -- It reminded me of Emily Dickinson's poem:

"I'll tell you how the sun rose,--
A ribbon at a time,
The steeples swam in amethyst,
The news like squirrels ran.
The hills untied their bonnets,
The bobolinks began.
Then I said softly to myself,
'That must have been the sun!'"

The birds were so joyous this morning. They were heralding the new day, too! I think God notices how much we need a new leaf, a clean slate, a new beginning-- each day.
And I remember the saying from my younger years, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life!"
Thank you, LORD, for this new day! I really needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment