Thursday, May 18, 2017

Not Like My Rose - The Little Prince

The little prince went away, to look again at the roses in the rose garden.

"You are not at all like my rose," he said. "As yet you are nothing. You are empty. No one has tamed you..."

And the roses were very much embarrassed.

"You are beautiful, but you are empty," he went on. "To be sure, an ordinary passer-by would think that my rose, the rose that belongs to me,  looked just like you...

"But in herself she is no more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled or boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing.

 "Because she is my rose."

    -- From The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exuprey


  
God's Word is full of love notes and valentines to us:

  • You are my treasured possession (Exodus 19:5)
  • It is My desire to lavish My love on you ((I John 3:1)
  • I love you with everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)
  • When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you (Psalm 34:18)
  • I will rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)
  • I am your Father, and I love you even as I love My Son, Jesus (John 17:23)   
  • I am not counting your sins (2 Corinthians 5:18-19)
  • I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love (Romans 8:31-32)

 To list just a few.....


No comments:

Post a Comment