Thursday, April 18, 2019

It's All About Easter - Michael Kelly Blanchard


From The Lord of the Lonely Inside, by Michael Kelly Blanchard


The trouble with me - I just can't seem to trust
My wounds just bleed and won't heal up...


There is no sorrow that God cannot heal
   There is no damage that He did not feel
     Tenderly holding you close as you cry
       Jesus the Lord of the lonely inside
                 Jesus the Lord of All Love, crucified....

~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus, the Lord of those who feel alone....

In the Garden...

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray."

He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."...

Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?"   Matthew 26:36-40


From the Cross....

From the sixth hour until the ninth hour, darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46


     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~


He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows -- Isaiah 53:3



From an older hymn,
"Man of Sorrows," What A Name,
by Philip Bliss (1838-1876)


"Man of Sorrows!" what a name for the Son of God
    who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim! Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Bearing shame and scoffing rude, in my place
    condemned he stood
Sealed my pardon with his blood - Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Lifted up was he to die - "It is finished!" was his cry 
Now in heaven exalted high, hallelujah, what a Savior!

When he comes, our glorious king, all his ransomed
      home to bring
Then anew this song we'll sing, hallelujah, what a Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment