Friday, August 14, 2020

A Tiny Bridal Bouquet for a Mouse Bride


         A Tiny Bridal Bouquet for a Mouse  Wedding

Praise the LORD!
How many are Your works, O LORD! 
In wisdom You made them all.
May the glory of the LORD endure forever, 
May the LORD rejoice in His works...
I will sing to the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
May my meditation be pleasing to Him
as I rejoice in the LORD.
      -- From Psalm 104

This is my current "favorite psalm." I am reading it every day
this week....and I recommend that practice!
There are so many joyful descriptions of God's glorious acts of creation.

Right now I am looking at verses 25-26: There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number -- living things both large and small. There the ships go to and fro, and the leviathan [great sea creature, like a whale], which You formed to frolic there.

Just think! Isn't that just what they do? They frolic and play. They are living the life God intended. And as they do it they glorify their Creator, even if they don't know it. They act like they are rejoicing in just being alive!

Then verses 33-34: I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to Him as I rejoice in the LORD.

This is why we were created! To glorify and praise Him -
I see that David says "my God" - not some god he read about or someone told him about - - but HIS God!

So today I am thinking that I should do my job as well as the
whales to theirs - living the life God intended! Just as they frolic in
the waves - I should also "rejoice in the LORD."

I used to be bothered by the idea that our mediations, as well as our actions, should be pleasing to God. Sounds so hard. Sounds almost
impossible to make sure our thoughts are God-honoring.

But it doesn't bother me now - the key is right there..."As I rejoice in the LORD"... so easy...keep rejoicing in the lORD and our
thoughts and meditations will follow!

So easy to rejoice in God's creation.

Look closely at a clover flower - I mean really closely. Get a magnifying glass if you need to. See the tiny blossoms packed so tightly together  - really look at them! They are like tiny calla lillies - I promise! Little teeny tiny glimpses of outstanding beauty and detail - each one! Reminds me of a bridal bouquet a friend of mine once selected for her wedding....

It's like this little clover blossom is designed as a miniature bouquet for some tiny creature to enjoy -  like maybe for a bridal bouquet for a mouse wedding!

Now don't make fun - check it out! I dare you! Look at that tiny
cover blossom!

It's so easy to praise Him all day long - we are surrounded with such examples of intricate beauty .

We just must stop and wonder!





No comments:

Post a Comment