Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Love Exercise - For Valentine's Day

Someone recommended this exercise to me. I don't do very well on it.


1 Corinthians 13


Love is patient
Love is kind
Love does not envy
Love does not boast
Love is not proud
Love is not rude
Love is not self-seeking
Love is not easily angered
Love keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil
Love rejoices with the truth
Love always protects, trusts, hopes, and perseveres
Love never fails


1st part of exercise...


Place Christ's name in each phrase......Christ is patient, Christ is kind, Christ does not envy.... etc.


So far, so good....all true...




2nd part of exercise..


Now place my (your)  name where Christ's name was....Results: I'm pretty good at hoping; in fact, I  am really quite proud of my hopeful non-cynical approach to life....so that should give me a few points..(otherwise I have a big fat zero)....but since I am proud of it, that will take away points, and that will then leave me in the minus column...


This "test on love" is not for wimps!


BUT.....for the good news!

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment