Saturday, August 3, 2019

More quotes from Anne of Green Gables

Marilla Cuthbert: You set your heart too much on frivolous things and then crash down into despair when you don't get them.
Anne: I know. I can't help flying up on the wings of anticipation. It's as glorious as soaring through a sunset...almost pays for the thud.
Marilla: Well, maybe it does. But I'd rather walk calmly along and do without the flying and the thud.

Anne: I feel as though someone has handed me the moon... and I don't know exactly what to do with it.

Anne: It's such a splendid day! I pity people who aren't born yet for missing it. They may have good days, of course, but they can never have this one.

Anne: Kindred spirits are not as scarce as I used to think. Its splendid to find there are so many in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment