Monday, August 16, 2021

Great news!


My sin - oh the bliss of this glorious thought -
My sin - not in part, but the whole -
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! O My soul!*


Just think about it - all my sin - not just some of it - all of it -
 taken care of by Jesus at the cross!

God doesn't look at our sins - categorize them - maybe putting some of them in one pile and some in another, and saying, "OK, I'll take care of this stack...but that stack, well, you knew better, Glorya, you'll have to take care of them yourself!"

No, He put them all together in one large (really extra-large cosmic garbage bag) and hurled them into the depths of the deepest sea....out of His memory forever -

"Who is a God like You, who pardons sin and forgives transgression....You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy....You will hurl all our iniquities into the depth of the sea." Micah 7:18-19

Who can imagine it? He delights to show mercy!

Yes, I believe in God - but not in just any god - I believe in THIS GOD! A God who delights to give me His mercy and forgives me 
all my sins!

"If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9



*{Great words from It Is Well With My Soul, written by Horatio Spafford around 1875...}

No comments:

Post a Comment