Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Waiting for a Do-Over?

  

                                                    Waiting for a Do-Over?

What Isaiah tells us:

"This is what the LORD says -- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the seas.'"

--Isaiah 48:17-18

IF ONLY...Why didn't I?...How I wish I had paid attention...

No, we don't get do-overs. So I can't go back and change anything. I can't redo the past.

But God in His amazing grace allows us to begin anew today, to start fresh and new, with a clean slate and softly tender heart and conscience.

A successful Christian life is a series of 'starting over agains.'

Remember 1 John 1:9 -- 'If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.'

Over and over again!

So we can always have a clean slate!

Actually, isn't that a lot better than having do-overs?


No comments:

Post a Comment