Friday, May 20, 2022

I Gotta Be Me - Why? (C S Lewis)

                                   "I Gotta Be Me" - Why?


Remember that song, "I Gotta Be Me"?

Here's what C S Lewis says about that idea: "The more we get what we call 'ourselves' out of the way and let Him take us over, the more truly ourselves we become.

There is so much of Him that millions and millions of "little Christs", all different, will still be too few to express Him fully.

He made them all. He invented -- as an author invents characters in a novel -- all the different men we were intended to be.

In that sense our real selves are all waiting for us in Him.

It is no good trying to 'be myself' without Him...It is when I turn to Christ, when I give myself up to His personality that I first begin to have a real personality of my own."


Someone else observed that we are all like beautiful stained glass windows hidden in a dark basement. Without Christ there is no light to glow on us and shine our beauty. When the light of Jesus come upon us, we all become masterpieces of glorious beauty. Before that we are just ordinary gloomy glass basement windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment