Friday, October 9, 2020

Where Can I Go? Max Lucado


The world rams at your door; Jesus taps at your door.

The voices scream for your allegiance; Jesus softly and tenderly requests it.

The world promises flashy pleasure. Jesus promises a quiet dinner...with God.  "I will come in and eat."

Which voice do you hear?

Let me state something important. There is never a place in which Jesus is not present. Never. There is never a room so dark...a lounge so sensual...an office so sophisticated...that the ever-present, ever pursuing, relentlessly tender Friend is not there, tapping quietly on the door of your heart--waiting to be invited in.

Few hear His voice. Fewer still open the door. But never interpret our numbness as His absence. For amidst the fleeting promises of pleasure is the timeless promise of His presence.

"Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." 

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

There is no chorus so loud that the voice of God cannot be heard....if we will but listen.

Max Lucado, In the Eye of the Storm

                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   
"Here I am. I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me." (Revelation 3:20)

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

"Is there any place I can go to avoid Your Spirit? to be out of Your sight? If I climb to the sky, You're there! If I go underground, You're there! If I flew on morning's wing to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute--You're already there waiting!

Then I said to myself, 'Oh, He even sees me in the dark! At night I am immersed in the light!'

It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to You; night and day, darkness and light; they're all the same to You."
                                         (Psalm 139:7-10, Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment