Sunday, October 25, 2020

It's Not About the Big Stuff - Oswald Chambers

 

Usually it is not about the big stuff....


Thoughts from Oswald Chambers....


"We do not need the grace of God to withstand crises - human nature and pride are sufficient for us to face the stress and strain magnificently.

"But it does require the supernatural grace of God to live 24 hours every day as a saint, going through drudgery, and living an ordinary, unnoticed, ignored existence as a disciple of Jesus.

"It is ingrained in us that we have to do exceptional things for God - but we do not. We have to be exceptional in the ordinary things of life, and holy on the ordinary streets, among ordinary people - and this is not learned in five minutes."


[I find this so true - usually I can 'rise to the occasion' when faced with extraordinary circumstances.

It's when I am dealing with people on the telephone, in the check-out line, disagreeing with my family and friends on how to proceed with some event, waiting for people who always run late - that I find myself out of sorts and critical and un-Christ-like. It's the 'small stuff' that defeats me!]

No comments:

Post a Comment