Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Jewels





Yes, He'll Come Back for Us!

The last few mornings the song that has awakened me is an old one -- one I haven't heard in years -- When He Cometh.


I looked for it in our church hymnal, but it was not included in that collection. But I did find it in another hymnal, and so re-read all the words:

When He cometh, when He cometh
To make up His jewels, all His jewels,
Precious jewels, His loved and His own.

CHORUS: Like the stars of the morning

His bright crown adorning
They shall shine in their beauty
Bright gems for His crown.

He will gather, He will gather

The gems for His kingdom
All the pure ones, all the bright ones
His loved and His own.

Little children, little children

Who love their Redeemer
Are the jewels, precious jewels,
His loved and His own.

God was so good to remind me of those words from my childhood. We ARE His jewels - His precious jewels. His loved and His own....Probably the writer of these words was thinking about Malachi 3:16-17:


Then they that feared the LORD spoke often to one another; and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the LORD and thought upon His name.

And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serverth
him
Here is how the Amplified Bible states it:


And they shall be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day when I publicly
recognize and openly declare them to be My jewels (My special possession, My
peculiar treasure). And I will spare them, as a man spares his own son who serves him.


Remember the parable of the man who found the treasure in the field? How he hid it and then returned to buy the whole field? Usually we think of the field as being the world and we are looking in the field and come across the treasure. We give up all we have to buy the field and possess that treasure!


But wonder if the field is the world, but the One looking in the field is God Himself, searching for His treasure. And when He finds it He gives up all His has to possess that treasure -- which is us! And the everything He had to give up was His beloved Son --
It works that way, too!
I looked at the early morning sky today. We don't have as many early morning stars here as we do in the evenings. But in the beginning glow of the pre-dawn sunrise, that one star that was shining was very bright!


Venus is our "morning star" here on earth. In the heavenly kingdom, Jesus Himself is the Bright and Morning Star!

I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright and Morning Star. Revelation 22:16
I wonder about that book of remembrance mentioned in Malachi. Is that the "scroll written on both sides" mentioned in Revelation 5? The scroll no one could open and poor John wept, overcome with grief that no one could be found worthy to open the scroll.....and...
Then one of the elders said to me, 'Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals. Revelation 5:5








No comments:

Post a Comment