Monday, July 19, 2021

Cut Flowers - Eric Metaxas

Q. But right-thinking people want to do good...right?

A. Of course. But it is as if we're cut flowers. We might look great, but we are dying. We've been cut off from our Source. And He wants to reattach us so that His life can flow through us again.

But many people say, "Hey, I'm looking great! Check out the color of my petals! The bees are all over me!"

But because we're cut flowers, it's only a matter of time until we wither and die. It's inevitable. Without God we have no life, no goodness that lasts. We were meant to live forever, but until God reattaches us to Him--until we choose to allow Him to do that--we have no eternal life.

--From Everything You Always Wanted to Know about God...by Eric Metaxas...


       I am the vine; you are the branches.
 If a man remains in Me and I in him,
he will bear much fruit;
apart from Me you can do nothing.

John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment