Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Because He Lives!


"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that, in the end He will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed yet in my flesh I will see God. I myself will see Him with my own eyes -- I and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" (Job 19:25-27)  

Isn't one of the happiest discoveries in reading God's Word the different ways He is described? Here it is "Redeemer." So special. A "redeemer" is not an accidental or coincidental relationship - a redeemer CHOOSES the one he is going to redeem!

Does this exclude us from the normal, usual earthly trials and afflictions? No -- it surely didn't exclude Job from his suffering. And, like Job, troubles crash in on us, driving us to our Redeemer for help. Sometimes we come humbly, sometimes angrily, scared, crushed in spirit, heartbroken.

But, as believers who trust in His sovereignty and faithfulness, we hold tightly to Him, look up and confidently declare that in the end time our Redeemer will stand victorious on this earth and we will be there to witness it!

In the meantime, for now,  we endure. We experience His comfort and companionship. We anticipate that day when we shall see Jesus, our champion Redeemer, face to face, witness His victory and be received into His Kingdom where everlasting joy awaits us!

Maranatha, Lord Jesus....how our hearts yearn!

No comments:

Post a Comment