Saturday, October 27, 2018

Gleanings from Obed-Edom (Part 3) - The Dining Room

After leaving the Library we entered the Dining Room, a very important place to me. I spend many pleasurable moments in this room. He sat down at the table and asked what was on the menu.

"Well," I said,"my favorite dishes: money, academic accomplishments, approval and applause from others.." I know there is nothing really bad or evil about any of these dishes.

When the plates were served, though, I noticed He didn't eat anything.

"Savior, what is wrong?"

He said, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me. If you want food that really satisfies you, do the will of our heavenly Father. Put His pleasures before your own. Stop striving for your own desires, your own ambitions, your own satisfaction. Seek to please Him. That food will really satisfy you. I guarantee it. Try a bit of it!"

Then He gave me a taste of doing God's will. What flavor! There is no food like it in the world. At the end, everything else leaves us hungry. I have learned when I seek God's will and His pleasure with me, His Spirit fills my soul, overflows my soul, with His joy and peace. It truly satisfies!


So I pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in Him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment