Tuesday, October 2, 2018

God's True Love - Michael Kelly Blanchard

My favorite current singer/song writer is the Irishman, Michael Kelly Blanchard...Here are the stirring words to his Thy True Love....

Thy true love
Hiding in my snow-bound winter heart
Breaking from that hard ground
The flowers start their timeless art as death departs.
Thy true love, pulling at the shades my soul has drawn
Waking up my day with holy songs
The out-stretched arms of God.
Your mercy finds me, faithfulness reminds me,
Priceless grace has kindly
Called me from my shuttered kingdom
Earth-bound empty wisdom
Proud and raging reason blinding me from
Thy true love, waiting for my will to want its peace
Chasing me until my running cease
And on my knees, tears release.
Thy true love, pouring out your blood like holy wine
Using that red flood to save this time all mankind.
God, Your mercy found us. Faithfulness surrounds us
Priceless grace has bound us to the cross of
Thy true love, standing in a world of toppled dreams
Shining in the world of in-betweens, the light still beams
From Thy true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment