Monday, January 10, 2022

Stay Sober

A story......

This story is about a man who imagined himself to be quite spiritual. He was talking with a more mature friend, and he asked his friend to pray for him that he might be humble. "Pray for me that I might be nothing," he said
.
His friend wisely replied,, "You are nothing, brother, take it by faith."
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose
the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.
I Corinthians 1:27-29

On the Other Hand....

These words from Ray Stedman:
Ray Stedman said that every morning when he got up he tried to remind himself of three things:
First, I am made in the image of God. I am not an animal and I don't have to behave like an animal. I have an ability within me, given to me by God himself, to respond and relate to God. Therefore I can behave as a man and not as a beast.
Second, I am filled with the Spirit of God. The most amazing thing has happened! Though I do not deserve it in the least degree, I have the power of God himself at work within me. I have become, in some sense, the bearer of God, and God himself is willing to be at work in me through the problems and pressures I go through this day.
Third, I am part of the plan of God. God is working out all things to a great and final purpose in the earth, and I am part of it. What I do today has purpose and significance and meaning. This is not a meaningless day I am going through. Even the smallest incident, the most apparently insignificant word or relationship, is involved in his great plan. Therefore all of it has meaning and purpose.
And so.....


For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly that you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment.... Romans 12:3

No comments:

Post a Comment