Thursday, January 6, 2022

Before We Say Amen!

 

                                                   Before We Say Amen!


Notice how many heartfelt prayers in the Bible end with great exclamations of praise?

Maybe that's how we should end all our prayers....

A good example is Psalm 28

Here are verses 1 and 2:

     To You, LORD, I call; You are my Rock,

     Do not turn a deaf ear to me.

     For if You remain silent, I will be like  those who go down to the pit.

     Hear my cry for mercy as I call to You for help,

     as I lift up my hands toward Your Most Holy Place.


The look at verses 6 and 7:

     Praise be to the LORD for He has heard my cry for mercy.

     The LORD is my strength and my shield

     My heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.

     My heart leaps for joy and with my song I praise Him.


Maybe that's the spirit in which we should end all our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment