Sunday, September 12, 2021

Good Morning Everybody


 


But I will sing of Your power;
Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For You have been my defense
And refuge in the day of my trouble.
Psalm 58:16


A Morning Prayer

O Lord and Maker of all things, from whose creative power the first light came forth, who looked upon the world's first morning and saw that it was good, I praise You for this light that now streams through my windows to rouse me to the life of another day.

I praise You for the life that stirs within me;
I praise You for the bright and beautiful world into which I go;
I praise You for earth and sea and sky, for scudding cloud and singing bird;
I praise You for the work You have given me to do;
I praise You for all that You have given me to fill my leisure hours;
I praise You for my friends;
I praise You for music and books and good company and all pure pleasures.
Amen
From Valley of Vision (Puritan Prayers)


Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing, fresh from the Word!

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight! Mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play!
Praise with elation, praise every morning,
God's re-creation of the new day!

--Eleanor Farjeon


My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up.
Psalm 5:3


A really good way to start a new day:

Lead on, O King eternal
We follow, not with fear,
For gladness breaks like morning
Wher-e'er Thy face appears!

No comments:

Post a Comment