Thursday, August 18, 2022

Prayers God Hears - Charles Spurgeon


From Charles Spurgeon.....

  "But wherever there is a heart enlarged with sorrow, or a lip quivering with agony, or a deep groan or a penitential sigh, the heart of Jehovah is open. 
   "He marks them down in the registry of His memory. He puts our prayers, like rose petals, between the pages of His Book of Remembrance, and when at last the volume is opened, there will be a precious fragrance springing from it. "

I just love these precious words and even more the truth behind them.

Remember the old song - "Does Jesus Care?":

Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief.
When the days are weary
The long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares!

Jesus, when Lazarus died, visited the town of Mary and Martha,
and the scripture tells us that He wept (John 11:35).

The Jews around commented, "See how he loved him!"

But why would Jesus weep for Lazarus? Did He not know He would be performing a miracle and that Lazarus would walk forth from the grave fully alive?

In verse 33 we read, "When Jesus saw her [Mary] weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit..."

It seems clear to me that Jesus was weeping with them because He was was touched by their grief.  He was weeping for and with them, not for Lazarus.

He was "weeping with them that weep" as we are admonished later in Romans 12:15.

                  O, yes, He cares! I know He cares....
                         I know my Savior cares....


No comments:

Post a Comment