Tuesday, June 1, 2021

How do I Best Show My Love for My Friends?

 

                                               How Do I Best Show My Love for My Friends?


From John Calvin --

            "Our prayer must not be self-centered.

            It must arise not only because we feel our own need as a burden which we must lay upon God, but also because we are so bound up in love for our fellow men that we feel their need as acutely as our own.

            To make intercession for others is the most powerful and practical way in  which we can express our love for them."



From Alfred Lord Tennyson -- 

(Words from King Arthur as he said goodbye to his friends - from Idylls of the King)

        "More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.

        Wherefore, let thy voice rise like a fountain for me night and day.

        For what men are better than sheep and goats that nourish a blind life within                the brain,

        If, knowing God, they lift not hands of prayer, both for themselves and those                who all them friend?

        For so the whole round earth is every way bound by gold chains about the feet             of God."

      



No comments:

Post a Comment