Saturday, June 12, 2021

My Dearest Treasure

                                                          My Dearest Treasure


An old gospel song keeps running through my mind.


     Living for Jesus, through earth's little while,

     My dearest treasure the light of His smile.

     Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,

     Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

     O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee.

     For Thou in Thy atonement didst give Thyself  for me.     

     I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne.

     My life I give, henceforth live, O Christ for Thee alone!


The words were written by a popular hymn writer, Thomas Chisholm, over one hundred years ago. The words stirred me as a teenager, and they stir me still as an old woman.

My favorite line is still, "My greatest treasure, the light of His smile"!


What a great way to start the day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment