Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Tears in Whose Bottle?


                                        Tears in Whose Bottle!


Psalm 56:1,2,8

Be merciful to me, O God, for man would swallow me up; fighting all day, he oppresses me. My enemies would hound me all day, For there are many who fight against me, O Most High....You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?


Sad words from a sad time in the life of David. He was alone. He was hiding in the land of the enemy, Gath, (the home of Goliath, whom he had killed a few years before). He was desperate and he was afraid.

It was an ancient custom observed by mourners at a funeral. They would collect some of the tears they shed for departed loved ones and place them in small flasks, and leave in their tombs as memorials of their love.

God will never forget, nor is He indifferent to, the trials of  His much-loved people.

Are they not in Your book?


P.S. The future? No bottle needed! No reminder needed! No memorial needed!

     And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold the Tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people; God himself will be with them and be their God.

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain,  for the former things have passed away." (Revelation 21:3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment