Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The Really Big Picture

 

                                                             The Really Big Picture


I'm reading Psalm 57 this morning. It was written by David about the time he was hiding in a cave to escape the wrath of King Saul, who was determined to kill him, and had all the royal powers to assist him in accomplishing that.

In the first verses David talks about all the danger he is facing and the scary future he is facing. His life seems doomed.

Then in verse 7 he remembers who his God is -- "My heart, O God, is steadfast. I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, Lord, among the nations. I will sing of you among the peoples.l For great is your love, reaching to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be all over the earth."

Prayer: Abba, Father, remind me of the big picture. I need Your perspective as I face this day. Help me remember who You are, not who I am. Remind me who is really in control.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment