Tuesday, August 17, 2021

I Thoughts and Meditations - It's Not Easy

 

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart 

be pleasing in Your sight, 

O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. 

                                                                                                              -- Psalm 19:14

What a challenge!

We want so much to please Him -- the feel the glory of His smile -- to know we have brought Him pleasure -- as surely as a child eagerly rushes to their parents to demonstrate some new accomplishment and see their looks of joy and approval!

We can watch our tongues and begin speaking words that uplift others and please Him -- and refrain from words that displease Him. It is a battle, but we can gain some ground.

But what about our thoughts and meditations? That seems a little too much for me. Do you think He really meant it?

But then there is that verse in Philippians that tells to "let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.'

So if we have His mind, we will, like Jesus did, always please the Father.

That's a good prayer to start this day: that the mind of Christ will enter our mind and become one with Him.


A song we used to sing: 

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,

Live in me from day to day,

By His love and power controlling

All I do and say.


May the Word of God dwell richly 

In my heart from hour to hour

So that all may see I triumph

Only through His power.


May the peace of God my Father

Rule  my life in everything

That I may be calm to comfort

Sick and sorrowing.


May the love of Jesus fill me

As the waters fill the sea

Him exalting, self abasing

This is victory.


May I run the race before me

Strong and brave to face the foe

Looking only unto Jesus 

As I onward go.


May His beauty rest upon me

As I seek the lost to win,

And may they forget the channel

Seeing only Him.


Words by Kate B Wilkinson, written about 100 years ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment