Tuesday, April 2, 2024

This Only Do I Seek


Psalm 27:4  -- "One thing I ask of the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD."

David's supreme priority is to 'gaze upon the beauty of the LORD.'

Gazing is not a one-time glimpse,  but a steady sustained focus.

David finds God Himself beautiful, not just a bestower of gifts.

'This only do I seek,' says David.   

Father, I know there is only one thing I need in life and I choose to want You above all else. I want to see and sense Your beautiful holiness  and love You for Yourself alone. I want  David's prayer to be my prayer, my gracious, kind Father.


"Give unto the LORD the glory due His Name. Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness" Psalm. 29:2



No comments:

Post a Comment