Monday, September 27, 2021

This is MY God!


                                              This is MY God!       

Remember these  words written by Horatio Spafford?    

   "My sin -- O the bliss of this glorious thought --  my sin, not in part, but the whole -- is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more! Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul!"*

Just think about it: ALL our sin, not just part of it, but ALL of it, was taken care of by Jesus at the cross!

God doesn't look at our sins, divide them into separate piles, and say, "OK, I'll take care of this pile. But you knew better when you did these things. You knew they were out of my will and against my holy plan for your life, and you did them anyway. I had warned you about them. So you'll just have to take care of them yourself!"

No!  He put them ALL in a very large -- cosmic-sized -- garbage bag -- and hurled them into the depths of the deepest sea, out of His memory forever!

In Micah we read, "Who is a God like You who pardons sin and forgives transgressions. You do not stay angry forever, but delight to show mercy. You will hurl our iniquities into the depths of the sea" (Micah 7:18-19).

But You delight to show mercy! Who can imagine it? He delights to give us mercy!

I believe in THIS God! Not just any so-called god, but this God who gets pleasure by forgiving me and who never gives up on me.

He promises that when we "confess our sins" He will be faithful and just" and forgive us and "cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

This is the God I have put my faith and hope - Have you?


*These words are from his hymn "It Is Well With My Soul," written about 1875.


No comments:

Post a Comment