Monday, April 19, 2021

Don't Stay Weak and Pitiful!- Oswald Chambers

 

                                     Don't Stay Weak and Pitiful                                

                                                        -- Oswald Chambers


"Come to Me and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

That is, He is saying, 'I will sustain you, causing you to stand firm.'

He is not saying, 'I will put you to bed, hold your hand, and tell you a bedtime story.'

But He is, in essence, saying, 'I will get  you out of bed - out of your listlessness and exhaustion, and out of your condition of being halfdead while you are still alive. I will penetrate you with the spirit of life, and you will be sustained by the perfection of vital activity.'

Yet we become so weak and pitiful and talk about '"suffering" the will of the Lord!

Where is the majestic vitality and power of the Son of God in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment