Wednesday, April 14, 2021

What God said to the Church at Ephesus

 

                          

                   What God Said to the Church at Ephesus


"You have persevered and have endured hardships for My Name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against  you: you have forsaken the love you had at first. Consider how far you have fallen. Repent and do the things you did at first." Revelation 2:4-5


I think about these strong Christians - and they were strong and courageous. But they had lost their "first love" -- that love that sparkled and energized their walk with God when they had first professed faith!

They still acted like Christians, but something vibrant and joyous was missing.

Maybe they had grown stale.

Maybe we all have to focus on that -- retaining that 'first love' day by day as we live and work for Jesus.

Think how far we could fall, too.

But how could we ever lose our eagerness to show our love and devotion to Him who loves us so supremely?

How could we grow cold and stale to the One who has the most loving and beautiful  face in the universe?

Please, Father, I adore You so much. Please don't let this happen to  me. Revive  my soul and reopen my heart to see Your glory and grace just as I did that first moment when I walked into Your embrace and You welcomed into Your arms.

I remember that moment, and help me to never lose that joy and 'first love.' 

You matter more to me than anything or anyone else!

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment