Tuesday, April 20, 2021

To Gaze upon the Beauty of the LORD

 

One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple. (Psalm 27:4)

David's supreme priority is to "gaze upon the beauty of the LORD."

"Gazing" is not a short, one-time glimpse, but a steady, sustained focus.

It is not a prayer of repentance, but praising and admiring, and enjoying God for who He is; to find his greatest pleasure in just being in God's presence.

To sense God's beauty in the heart is to have such pleasure in Him that we rest content and fully satisfied.

My Prayer this morning: LORD, it is no exaggeration  to say that there is only one thing I need in life. And I ask for it now. It is not merely to believe in You, but in prayer and experience to see and sense Your supreme beauty. Help me to love You for Yourself alone, not just for your gifts. And I thank You for the knowledge that one day I shall find the greatest pleasure I have ever known by just being  in Your presence forever. That's my "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow."  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment