Thursday, April 8, 2021

Why I believe in Christianity - C S Lewis


This is one of my favorite quotes from C S Lewis -- 


"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."


It took a long time for Lewis to make the decision to accept the claims of Christ. He was 30 years old and a well-known  academic, atheistic in his worldview.  His colleagues, also atheists and agnostics, were shocked at his conversion to Christianity.

But this quote says it all.

And for me, too. Everything in my life -- my purpose, my destiny, the whole story of the world -- makes sense when we see it through the eyes and mind of God.

There is a reason for it all. 

Do I still have questions?  Yes, but small ones that He gradually reveals to me day-by-day, leading me further into His eternal truth.

All the big stuff fits into a glorious picture of His love and grace -- all the big things are accounted for.

Praise God that He is not a God who hides Himself, but  a sovereign, omniscient  God who lovingly reveals Himself to His creatures!

DOXOLOGY!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment