Wednesday, March 13, 2024

How to Not Forget


More on Psalm 103:1-2 --

 "Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits"... 

David, in talking to himself, reminds himself not to forget all the LORD has done for him....I do this, too, and probably you do, too.,.,,,when things seem overwhelming, or just confusing, I  remind myself of all God has done for me already, and how He has promised to always be there to help me and defend me.

"Hey," I say to myself, "you can get through this. You have God to help. His Spirit is giving you wisdom and divine revelation. You are strong and you will figure this out. Remember the 'joy of the Lord is your strength!" and things like that. I can boost myself up and point myself in the right direction. Help myself focus on what is happening and Who is there to guide me.

Talking to ourselves is usually very helpful. David apparently thought so, too. He seemed to talk to himself quite a lot in the Psalms. Always positive, encouraging advice!

"Forget not all His benefits..." The best way to not forget is to remember! That's a brilliant observation, right?

Thinking about that old song, "Count Your Blessings" again. What good advice!

     "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed.

     When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost

     Count your many blessings, name them one by one

     And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

        Are you ever burdened with a load of care?

        Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?

        Count your many blessings, every doubt with fly

        And you will be singing as the days go by!"


Get out that big journal and make a list - what's first?

Start now...and you will be singing as the day goes by....















A

No comments:

Post a Comment