Wednesday, February 10, 2021

My Dreams? Or His plans?


A friend of mine is discouraged.

She had dreams...for a much different life.

But somehow real life got in the way and things have not turned out as she dreamed.

She looks in the mirror and wonders how she came to this point.

It seemed to her that her dream was a good dream; it did not display hatred, avarice  or disobedience to God.

But what happened?

I guess sometimes we have to let go of our lost dream and ask God to give us a new one.

It seems He always has a better one for us.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

We have a dream...He has a plan - a plan to give us hope and a future!

I'll take His 'plan' over 'my dream' anytime!


No comments:

Post a Comment