Sunday, June 28, 2020

Even the stars are safe!



Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.   -- Isaiah 40:26


God even keeps track of the stars!

And He keeps track of us also!

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do My will but to do the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent me: that I shall lose none of all that He has given Me...  --John 6:37-39


All that the Father gives.....I shall lose none of all that He has given Me....



My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and the Father are one.  -- John 10:27-30


One of the great doctrines of the church is the keeping power of God.

In traditional theology books this is referred to as the perseverance of the saints.

More appropriately it should be called the perseverance of God, or the faithfulness of God, because it all due to His work not ours.

This doctrine means that God never begins a work that He does not intend to finish and that, therefore, no one whom He has called to faith in Jesus Christ as Savior will ever be lost.

Our knowledge (understanding) of this truth  -- or our lack of knowledge (understanding) of this truth -- will affect our lives each day.


If we do understand it, we will have a firm foundation on which we can build our lives.


He loves and saves and keeps all of us, because He loves and saves and keeps each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment