Saturday, June 13, 2020

What Else Matters?


My gracious Father,

Thank you for showering me with Your  grace, which I don't deserve and I can't even begin to comprehend its infinite goodness.

We used to sing: "Grace, grace, God's grace! Grace that is greater than all my sin!"

How could that be? Grace bigger than my sin?

My heart is filled with gratitude for what You have done for me.

As I start this day I ask You to help me push aside all my fears and negative expectations. You are all I need to make it through the challenges facing me today.

Please bring me back to the cross and focus on Your love. What else matters?

This is where You take my weaknesses away and crown me with Your power and strength.

Your smile is the only smile I need to see today.

Thank You, Father, for seeking me and finding me. Thank You
for being my never-giving-up-on-me Savior.

I will love you and thank You forever.

Amen.

Jesus, keep me near the cross; 
There a precious fountain,
Free to all, a healing stream, 
flows from Calvary's mountain.

Near the cross, a trembling soul, 
Love and Mercy found me -
There the Bright and Morning Star, 
Shed His beams around me.

In the cross, in the cross, be my glory ever
Till my ransomed soul shall find, rest beyond the river.

(By Fanny Crosby)


No comments:

Post a Comment