Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Good Morning Prayer

 

                    A Prayer for Every Morning


            Awesome God,

            I come before You today with one thing to say:

                 "Thank You, Abba, Father."

            When I awoke this morning, that was my first thought.

            And when I lie down tonight to sleep in your peace, those                    will be my last words as I drift off to rest in your care.

            For all You've given me, for my beautiful life with its hope                   and joy, my family and my friends.

            Thank You for the blessings You gave me - and keep giving                 me -- that I never deserved.

            For the protection Your hand provides.

            For the forgiveness You offer me day after day.

            Lord, You took my sin and my shame. You took my darkness               and gave me Your light.

            Father, thank You for all You've done in my life and for                          all the blessings that I cannot see.

            Thank You for rearranging my heart and mind - for sorting                  out the chaos and bringing meaning and                                               purpose into my hopeless and meaningless life.

            Thank You for Your presence and that You are always with                 me -- and  that I will dwell in Your house, with You,                              forever! 

                                                     Amen

            

 


No comments:

Post a Comment