Saturday, January 23, 2021

What is Holiness ? - Oswald Chambers

 
                                       What is Holiness?


Thoughts from Oswald Chambers --


"We must continually remind ourselves of the purpose of life.

We are not destined to happiness, not to health, nor prosperity,  but to holiness.

'As it is written, be holy for I am holy' (1 Peter 1:16).

Today we have far too many desires and interests, and our lives are being consumed and wasted by them.

The only thing that really matters is whether a person will accept the God who will make him holy. At all costs, a person must have the right relationship with God.

 Holiness means purity of your walk before God, the words coming from your mouth, and every thought in your mind -- placing every detail under the scrutiny of God Himself.

Holiness is not simply what God gives me, but what God gives me that is being exhibited in my life."


[These words from Oswald Chambers excite and challenge me. I value every word, but it is that last sentence that I keep re-reading!]


No comments:

Post a Comment