Monday, January 11, 2021

Obedience or Independence?

 

                                Obedience or Independence?


From Oswald Chambers:


"The Lord does not give me rules. But He makes His standards very clear.

If my relationship to Him is that of love, I will do what He says without

hesitation. If I hesitate, it is because I love someone I have placed in competition

with Him, namely myself.


Jesus Christ will not force me to obey Him, but I must. And as soon as I obey Him,

I fulfill my spiritual destiny. My personal life may be crowded with small,

petty happenings, altogether insignificant. But if I obey Jesus in 

the seemingly random circumstances of life, they 

become peepholes through which I see the face of God.


Then, when I stand face to face with God, I will discover that through my obedience

thousands were blessed.


When God's redemption brings a human soul to the point of obedience, it always

produces. If I obey Jesus Christ, the redemption of God will flow through me 

into the  lives of others, because behind the deed of

obedience is the reality of Almighty God."



[Note: Think about it - "But if I obey Jesus in the seemingly random circumstances of life, they become peepholes through which I see  the face of God."   WOW!]

No comments:

Post a Comment